Being G-cloud approved means that Safety Manager is preapproved for purchase by a public sector body (including Local Authorities, Education, Healthcare and Housing Associations)
What is G-Cloud?
Government Cloud computing (G-Cloud) is a UK Government programme to promote Government-wide adoption of cloud computing. The focus is on using cloud computing’s capability for economic growth, capitalising on its cost savings and flexibility to create a more efficient, accessible means of delivering public services.
The Purpose Behind G-Cloud
Simply stated, purchasing services from G-cloud will be quicker, easier, cheaper and more transparent for the public sector and suppliers alike. Basically Safety Manager is preapproved for purchase by public bodies in the U.K.
Who can access G-Cloud?
The Digital Marketplace contains listings for all services in the G-Cloud framework. Suppliers catalogue their services, describing features and benefits, allowing customers to search and then evaluate the potential fit to their business needs. Safety Manager is listed in the Software as a Service area.
The G-Cloud procurement process is simple for potential customers. They have to
- Prepare their requirements – a list of ‘must-haves’ and ‘wants’ – and get approval to buy what you need
- Search for services on the Digital Marketplace using keywords
- Review services and apply the filters to create their shortlist
- Evaluate the options to find the cheapest or Most Economically Advantageous Tender (MEAT)
- Choose the service, award and sign the contract (or ‘call-off’)
- Complete the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) benefits form
More detailed information can be found in the G-Cloud Framework Overview and Buyers Guide, around which we have based this article.