Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
Dangerous Good Safety Advisor (DGSA)
What is a DGSA?
A Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser is a qualified specialist who has been certified to provide guidance and advice to companies who are involved in the transport of dangerous goods i.e. loading, unloading, packing, filling etc.
The main aim of the DGSA is to monitor compliance with the transport of dangerous goods regulations. The following services are some of the key services EcoOnline complete when working with companies:
- Provide support to clients in all aspects of the transport of dangerous goods by road, sea, and air.
- Completion of site and vehicle DGSA audits.
- Development of policies/procedures related to the transport of dangerous goods.
- Completion of DGSA annual reports.
Other duties defined in the regulations will also be completed.
Who needs to appoint a DGSA?
If you are involved in the transport of dangerous goods, even on an irregular basis, you may be required to appoint a DGSA. In accordance with the ADR Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road regulations, organisations involved in the activities which include carriage, or the related packing, loading, filling, or unloading of dangerous goods shall appoint one or more designated DGSAs.
If you are unsure of your legal obligations in relation to the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road regulations EcoOnline offer an inspection and compliance service, where we can:
- Classify your products to determine if they are hazardous for transport
- Determine if you are exempt according to the regulations.
- Identify your requirements for the transport of dangerous goods by road, sea, and air.
- Provide the necessary training and guidance for the transport of dangerous goods.
Dangerous Goods Repackaging Service
Dangerous goods transported by road, sea and air must be packaged according to transport regulations. EcoOnline provides a complete repackaging, labelling and documentation service for the transport of dangerous goods by road, sea, and air.
- Come on-site and re-package dangerous goods.
- Provide and complete the documentation for the transport of dangerous goods i.e. Dangerous Goods Note or Shippers Declaration.
- Provide labels and documentation in line with the transport regulations.
- Provide UN approved packaging for the transport of dangerous goods.
You can also shop for labels online through our online shop.
EcoOnline provides a range of courses related to the transport of dangerous goods by road (ADR) and the transport of dangerous goods by sea (IMDG).
In accordance with 1.3 of the ADR and IMDG transport regulations, any person who is involved in the transport of dangerous goods needs to receive training. If you are new to the world of dangerous goods or just need a refresher, EcoOnline can provide you with ADR and/or IMDG training to meet the requirements of the regulations
For more information on the training courses EcoOnline provides please click here.
Why choose EcoOnline?
We help our customers meet their DGSA needs.
EcoOnline is a key provider of DGSA services. Our experienced consultants have worked extensively win a wide range of industries including:
- Medical Device
Leverage over 20 years of our dangerous goods experience.
Cost effective DGSA service.
Be compliant with classification and transport legislation.
Have access to multiple languages.
Save time by outsourcing DGSA services.
Provide expert advice on transport by road, sea, and air.
Contact us today to discuss dangerous goods
If you want to talk to someone in relation to dangerous goods or repackaging, contact our team today.