In an exclusive interview, Øyvind Bauer, Chief Technology Officer at EcoOnline, highlights that innovation and having a culture of highly engaged employees are the key factors to EcoOnline's successful growth story.
Editor Janet Brice at Technology Magazine said it was fascinating to hear how EcoOnline is helping its customers create a safe, sustainable workplace with their SaaS tools and a myriad of partners. This article is based upon a rich feature that is available in the Technology Magazine October issue.
This year alone, EcoOnline has had three acquisitions and increased its staff by more than 100 talented people. Commenting on what gives EcoOnline its competitive edge, Bauer said it was down to having a culture of highly engaged employees and the ability to be innovative:
- My colleagues, across all business areas, are always willing to put in an extra effort to deliver the best customer experience possible. In EcoOnline, we are genuinely passionate about our vision and mission, and we always strive to be a favorable benefactor. Also, we are innovative and explore and execute exciting technology opportunities that can give our customers positive benefits.
Ambitious mission with significant responsibilities
EcoOnline's vision underlines that they want to be the best software provider of EHSQ tools and services. To Technology Magazine, Bauer outlined this by:
- Our mission is to help our customers to create safe, sustainable, efficient, and attractive workplaces.The mission further spotlight the fact that we want our customers to achieve this through the usage of our software.
EcoOnline believes that for the customers to enable a strong safety culture, the solutions need to be easy and even fun to use.
- Our endgame is to become a complete and integrated EHSQ management tool for all kinds of businesses and sizes, intuitively connected through our platform with a seamless user experience and using state-of-the-art and intelligent technology to facilitate change and engagement across all EHS.
More than just a software
- Our software is more than just a tool to record data. It becomes a way of working that makes positive changes to create a safer workplace, said Bauer, who pointed out the importance of their trusted partners, including Basefarm (Orange Business Services), AWS, Jamf, Orange Cyberdefense, and Insight.
An increasing focus area, already explored for some years, is the possibilities within Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. With familiar tools like WhatsApp or QR codes, critical EHSQ information and documentation are made available to the whole workforce via their mobile devices.
Heavy investments to strengthen the in-house R&D team
Bauer points out that it's vital to position its R&D department to react and adapt to a constantly evolving journey and rapidly changing technology landscape. In EcoOnline, there's a solid tradition to have a highly dynamic and competent team that has the flexibility to develop and grow with the business constantly.
- I love the feeling of knowing that through my role in EcoOnline, I'm contributing towards a better world, Bauer said.