Manual Handling Training
Overview - Manual Handling
Health and Safety Legislation places a requirement on the employer to:
- Avoid/Reduce hazardous manual handling
- Conduct manual handling risk assessments
- Provide instruction and training
EcoOnline can provide your employees with the necessary skills to perform manual handling tasks to a recognised standard.
Why choose EcoOnline?
- First class trainers with real world experience.
- Wide variety of industry specific training courses.
- Flexible in relation to training programmes, durations, and locations.
- Tailored corporate group training.
- Flexible distance learning options for some courses.
- Visual electronic slides and interactive learning.
Who Should Attend
All employees that are involved in the handling and movement of loads as part of their daily work tasks.
On completion of this course, the employee
- Will identify areas of risk when handling and moving loads
- Will understand the principles of safe handling of loads
- Will understand the anatomy of the spine and how to avoid injury
- Will achieve the learning outcomes and competencies of the principles of safe handling
- Legislation associated with manual handling.
- Anatomy of the spine and mechanism of injury
- Risk Assessment for Manual Handling tasks
- Practical Manual Handling Techniques
- Use of Mechanical Aids
- Workplace ergonomics.
Method of Delivery
Class Room Based: On site delivery
A Practical and interactive approach to Learning is undertaken by our experienced and qualified instructors. Participants will gain skills and confidence to enable them to safely handle and lift loads particular to their workplace.
Course Duration: 3 Hours as directed by client
No of Participants: The instructor student ratio is 1:12 for practical skill sessions
Evaluation / Certification
Evaluation: Participants complete a multiple-choice examination paper and undertake a practical skills assessments. In order to be successful, participants must achieve a mark of 80% or greater in each element of the assessment
Successful completion of the Manual Handling Course leads to certification by EcoOnline. All successful participants will receive a certificate.
Recertification in Manual Handling is required every 3 years.
Health and Safety Qualification
“Without EcoOnline, we would have had to hire an extra person to handle all our safety data sheets!"
- Juliana Hestad, Product Manager, Valvoline Oil AS
Contact us to explore your safety training needs
If you would like to talk to someone in relation to your Safety Training needs, contact our team today.